We’re a business which creates clever technology solutions for many different customers around Australia. With a diverse, highly skilled in-house team, we deliver latest generation wireless communication networks, human-centred applications and high-performance communications infrastructure for some very well know enterprises across the country.
We’re looking for a new member to join us as we continue to challenge conventional thinking to partner with our customers to achieve their goals.
The primary purpose of this Perth based role with regular yet flexible travel to site (~40% of time on site) role is to provide hands-on support in the implementation of all RF and infrastructure aspects of our communication technologies’ projects and in particular wireless communication networks.
Your primary responsibilities include:
- Provide upgrades, installation, commissioning, swap-outs, maintenance and repair support of telecommunications equipment and systems including microwave systems (PtP and PtMP), LTE, and industrial wireless access networks.
- Troubleshoot RF components and systems, including active and passive hardware
- Troubleshoot power distribution systems for communications facilities including DC power distribution, DC/DC conversion, rectifiers, DC power supplies, -48VDC power systems, UPS, and hybrid power systems among others.
- Understand drawings and schematics of RF and power systems
- Execute RF surveys
- Provide support in the execution of factory acceptance testing, site acceptance testing, and integration testings within Aqura engineering teams
- Sweep antennas and cables, install RF connectors, and PIM measurement.
To be successful in this role you will be able to demonstrate:
- Proven professional experience in the telecommunications field in mining and/or oil and gas industries.
- Excellent hands-on technical experience installing, troubleshooting, testing, and commissioning RF systems
- Strong knowledge in fibre optics including terminations, cable types, fibre hygiene, and components related to fibre optic systems
- Proven experience working on remote communications facilities such as radio base stations, skids, and communications trailers.
- Strong knowledge in UTP cabling and coax cabling.
- Proven experience in power distribution systems for communications facilities.
- Proven experience with RF and wireless communications systems.
- Proven experience using RF testing tools.
- Ability to work in a multicultural and multidisciplinary team establishing good communications with engineers from different disciplines and project managers.
- An overriding commitment to health, safety, environmental responsibility and sustainable development.
Willing to travel and work on site. This is not a FIFO role but it will require site works (~40/50% of time spent on site).
What it’s like to work with us
Our people matter. We challenge the status quo and encourage ongoing learning of new technologies to ensure our people maintain a technical edge.
You will feel valued and supported by your peers in our well-respected business support team.
Please note only suitable applicants with an unrestricted right to work in Australia will be contacted. Aqura does not accept unsolicited calls or applications from recruitment agencies.