As an escalation to our NOC Technical Support Team, you will be a subject matter expert (SME) for a range of network and voice systems and environments as well as assisting the Solutions Team in providing advice on new technologies and how to integrate into existing client environments.
Reporting to the Service Delivery Manager, responsibilities will include:
- Respond to incidents and requests, and update cases and communicate to both end users, clients, and other key stakeholders.
- Perform second level troubleshooting of faults and issues escalated by the NOC and follow a defined troubleshooting methodology as well as run diagnostic tests to gather and analyse results for escalation to vendor support.
- Resolving complex escalated issues from other support staff.
- Install, configure, support, and maintain operating systems, and hardware and software components associated with the systems and technologies we support. This includes both physical network and UC systems as well as cloud environments.
- Identify, evaluate, and prioritise work requests and incidents to ensure that calls are resolved or escalated to meet defined service levels and client expectations.
- Configuration of IP routing and switching equipment
- Planning for data and voice networks.
- Install virtual solutions on ESX, Hyper-V and Citrix Xen Centre.
- Mentor and develop other technical employees to improve team capability.
- Building working relationships with team members to facilitate a culture of shared knowledge and common processes
The key to succeed and enjoy this important position is a keen passion for technology coupled with a collaboration, team work and respect mindset.
Our focus is on finding the right character fit. We want to work with the right person who shares a passion for networking technologies and an ambition to learn and develop to achieve great performance and team success.
Your skills and experience will demonstrate:
- Routing and Switching, or Service Provider certification or similar experience (Nokia NRSI, or Cisco CCNA/CCNP Voice, or Mitel certifications)
- Good Knowledge of IP Protocols (OSPF/IS-IS, BGP, MPLS, MCAST, QoS).
- Proficiency in IGP routing protocols (e.g. OSPF, IS-IS, EIGRP, RIP) theories.
- Practical experience in MPLS-VPN, MP-BGP and MPLS-TE technologies
- Practical experience in translating IP solution and associated design documents to configuration on the IP routers and switches
- Good knowledge and strong background in IP technologies, Data Communication, LAN, WAN, MPLS and VPN services
- Practical experience on Nokia/Alcatel-Lucent, Cisco, Juniper and/or Huawei network equipment is advantageous.
- Ability to write and create High Level and Detailed Design documentation & drawings