The primary purpose of this role is to provide high quality RF network design, planning and support solutions to our clients
Primary responsibilities include:
- Provide specialist contributions in RF testing, measurement and prediction of all facets of project work associated with the design, installation and commissioning of wireless coverage solutions.
- Conduct site surveys, RF measurement and prediction surveys and delivering wireless design solutions.
- Support proposal and project activities including preparation of technical documentation for submissions.
- Generate site feasibility reports and have a sound understanding of RF compliance related issues.
- Perform RF optimisation with recommended parameter optimisation and physical changes for KPI performance improvement.
- Troubleshoot physical site related issues e.g. External Interference, Path Balance, Main & Diversity, RTWP, feeder swaps etc.
- Support pre-sale service opportunities.
To be successful, you will demonstrate the following skills and experience:
- Tertiary qualifications preferably in electronic, electrical / communications engineering or equivalent
- Minimum of 3 years experience designing and deploying microwave networks, both P2P and PMP
- Experience in RF Planning and/or Optimisation in carrier technologies with a preference for LTE
- A degree of proficiency radio path profile planning tools, especially ATDI ICS Telecom/Designer or HTZ
- Familiarity with Nokia P2P microwave and Cambium PMP equipment highly regarded
- Experience with drive test tools and drive test analysis
- Experience with radio planning tools, preferably ATDI ICS designer
- Knowledge of Radio Access technologies – GSM, GPRS, EDGE, UMTS, HSDPA/HSUPA, WiFi, WiMax & LTE
- Knowledge of Radio Access infrastructure – incl. Distributed Antenna Systems, Micro, Repeater, Femto technologies
- Basic understanding of transmission systems including PDH, SDH, packet switched networks, and IP